Saturday, February 9, 2013

Commercial success and WIPs!

A few weeks ago, I SOLD MY FIRST PAINTING O: FOR 14 EUROS AND 85 CENTS!

So a most esteemed art collector made me this offer, and I just couldnt refuse. For the money, I paid my debts, bought coffee, and fufilled my dreams of living a prosperous artists life. Woop! I was told I could have sold it for much more, but yeah, that would require someone actually wanting to buy my stuff. Start making those offers..!


There it is. He even framed it! I drew it in class last year, and I wasnt ever really proud of it anyway. People seem to like it, though. Its drawn in soft pastels and chalk, and the motif symbolises the contrast and struggle between life and death, love and hate, happiness and depression. I made that up afterwards. Even though I usually dont name my drawings, this one is aptly called Life and Death.





Anyhow, I also drew this king guy. I couldnt bring myself to finish it, somehow it just seemed so drab. And the perspective is crap. Ive been getting some good feedback about these GIF-things, which show off the painting process, so I figured Id just make one out of this painting. 





For once in a damn while, Im not actually feeling like writing a long text. Just enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to speak your mind!

It's also always more fun if you leave some way for us to identify you.